Content Writer & Manager
Kimberlin Education is a specialist creative agency making learning fun for kids through the development of interactive games, websites and resources. A specialist team of tech geeks, creative geniuses and teacher’s pets, we know how to get a message across to students in a fun, engaging and educational way. We are proud of what we do and know we are making a big difference.
We are looking for a driven Content Manager who is interested in all things education and kids to lead the content strategy for a new site aimed at Australian primary and high school teachers. You will be developing and executing on your own engaging content plan. Writing, editing and producing content for a new site as well as a range of marketing and communications channels.
No two days are the same. From interviewing industry experts, to editing contributor submissions, developing and improving on the content strategy, and analysing post analytics to of course lots of writing and fun content development. This role is in charge of bringing the whole content strategy to life through multiple digital channels and developing multiple format content.
Our tone of voice is supportive, informative and friendly. Speaking from one teacher to another.
- Develop the content strategy (including tone of voice) for a new site aimed at teachers
- In conjunction with the Digital Product Manager drive user engagement on the website
- Development of both the brand and buyer personas
- Write content (articles, eDMs, blog posts, video scripts and/or interviews) targeting teachers under this strategy
- Manage, oversee and edit content from collaborators or freelancers
- Adhere to set deadlines
- Collaborate with the digital and education teams to ensure our content meets the needs of our audience at all times
- Be proficient writing for media websites
- Manage content to meet the acquisition, retention and engagement metrics
- Ensure all content is SEO optimised including our keywords
- Input into the development of new video and social content
- Write marketing communications content including eDM’s and social content
- Collaborate and support the Marketing team with relevant activities when required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years content writer experience
- Previous experience setting the content strategy and TOV for a media site
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fantastic spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Always researching to keep up to date with the latest trends
- Experience managing contributors
- Experience working on a media site with display advertising an advantage
- Experience with scripting and presenting in front of a camera is a bonus
What we offer
- A fast-paced role providing exposure to a broad range of products and services
- A truly great company culture working closely with the executive team and having a say on a project’s direction and features
- Fun and creative Alexandria-based office with a video studio
- Work from home Fridays and a day off for your birthday
- Excellent remuneration and training opportunities
- Pet friendly office… although we are lacking a team pet right now. Do you have one?
- Opportunity to produce creative work for teachers, kids and teens
Sound like your dream contract role? We’d love to hear from you as to why you’d be the perfect person to join our team. To apply, submit your CV and cover letter which includes 250 words on what it means to be a teacher in 2020
Please note due to an anticipated high volume of applicants for this position, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You must be an Australian resident to apply for this position. Please no recruiters, we are seeking applications from direct candidates only.