Origin Energy engaged Kimberlin Education to increase students and teachers awareness and participation to the littleBIGidea competition for the 2016 campaign period. To meet the client need, Kimberlin Education created and implemented a two-fold digital marketing strategy;
- New teacher acquisition strategy utilising the eDM & social to reach a broader audience base.
- Personalised repeat customer strategy to encourage teachers and schools to support students with their submissions.
- Marketing – utilising the KE database we were able to reach out to over 20,000 teachers
WHAT WE DID
- A series of electronic direct mail (eDMs) campaigns to the KE database
- Social media strategy designed to access teacher groups
- Personalisation strategy for past participants to encourage repeat submission
THE REPORT CARD
The 2016 campaign saw teachers’ participation increase by 44% and the number of students’ invention entries grew by 65% on previous years entries.